Spruce Up Your House with These Home Improvement Projects on a Budget
There’s nothing like the feeling of a job well done when it comes home improvements. We all love to stand back and admire our work after that last stroke of a paint brush or the final flower goes in the ground. If you want to get that satisfying feeling without breaking the bank, read our list below of home improvements on a budget.
10 Home Renovation Ideas on a Budget
- A fresh coat of paint to a wall. A little bit of paint goes a long way. An overly bright wall can be covered over with a more neutral shade, or you can give life to a bland, white wall with a pop of color. Watch how the room takes on new life with such a simple, inexpensive change.
- Add new charm with crown molding. The measuring and cutting of crown molding can be a bit of a hassle, but it’s an inexpensive way to add dimension to a room.
- Repaint or re-stain hard-flooring. If your flooring is looking a little lackluster or no longer matches the rest of the décor, a simple layer of paint or stain can make a huge difference. This home improvement project has a few extra steps, so make sure you give yourself a full weekend to complete it.
- Add interior shutters. Adding an interior shutter can help stop excess light from streaming in while creating a beautiful new element in a room. As an added bonus, they can also help keep out cold and heat.
- Refinish cabinets. After some time, kitchen and bathroom cabinets can start looking old and dingy, making the room feel drab and dated. Staining or painting your cabinets can reverse this and make the room feel new again.
- Have perennials? Divide them. If you have perennials, you probably already know that you should divide them every three years or so. Aside from controlling growth and size, it can add new colors to different areas of landscaping.
- Install an under-the-sink water-filtration system. Tired of hauling flats of water bottles during every trip to the grocery store? Get rid of the hassle and add a touch of fine-living with a water-filtration system.
- Add new hardware to cabinets and doors. Simple home improvement projects like hardware replacement can bring your house up to date or make it feel more like the era it was built.
- Re-caulk the bathroom. Over time, caulking ages and begins peeling, turning brown around the edges. To re-caulk your bathroom or kitchen, all you need is a few simple tools and an hour of your time.
- Replace your bathroom vent fan. Aside from helping eliminate odors, a bathroom vent fan removes excess moisture with can cause mold growth and mildew.
Use Brentwood Self Storage as Your Storage Solution
As you’re working on your home improvements, you may notice that your home has a lot of clutter, or perhaps you just need somewhere to store your tools. One solution is to invest in a storage unit with Brentwood Self Storage. Features like a computerized gate entry, mobile gate access and free cloud storage adds a layer of security as well as convenience. Find a storage size right for you and reserve your self storage unit today.