How to Load a Moving Truck in 6 Easy Tips
Are you using a moving truck for your next move? A moving truck is an easy and efficient way to get your items from one location to the next. But, if your items aren’t correctly loaded into the moving truck, it is possible that they may be damaged. That’s where we can help! In this blog, you will find some easy-to-follow tips for correctly loading a moving truck. Read below!
6 Tips for Packing a Moving Truck
- Choose the right size moving truck: It is important to choose the right sized moving truck for your move. Choosing a truck that is too big is not only a waste of money, your items can also shift around inside of the truck which can cause damage. If you choose a truck that is too small, you may have to take multiple trips back and forth.
- Distribute weight evenly: In order to ensure the safest drive, make sure the weight of all items is equally distributed on the moving truck. For example, if you load a heavy dresser up against the left side of the truck, load something just as heavy up against the right side of the truck.
- Protect furniture with moving blankets: In order to prevent your furniture from getting scratched during the move, make sure moving blankets are thoroughly covering all exposed parts of the furniture. The last thing you want is for your furniture to rub on another piece of furniture, or the wall of the moving truck, during your move.
- Strap all furniture pieces to the truck: If the truck isn’t completely full, use moving straps to secure all large pieces of furniture to the sides of the truck. This will prevent your items from shifting during the move and becoming damaged.
- Load the items you’ll need first on the truck last: If there are items you’ll need as soon as you get to the new house, make sure they are loaded onto the back of the truck last. This includes your first night bag, toiletries, a change of clothes and any other important items.
- Add cushiony items last: Blankets, comforters, pillows and bags of clothing should be added onto the moving truck last to be used as padding for the rest of the items in the truck. These cushiony items can be placed between large pieces of furniture to keep them from getting scratched.
Reserve a Moving Truck and Storage Unit with Brentwood Self Storage!
Brentwood Self Storage is proud to offer U-Haul rentals at our facility. This is a convenient option because it means we’re a one stop shop for your moving truck, moving supplies and storage unit rental on moving day. Brentwood Self Storage has storage facilities in Brentwood, CA with both traditional and climate controlled storage options. Our storage facilities offer convenient storage unit sizes, including the 5x5, 5x10 and 10x10 storage unit. Reserve your storage unit with Brentwood Self Storage today!