6 Tips for Staging a Home for Quick Sale
Are you planning on putting your house on the market? When you are selling your house, time is money and you likely want to sell it as quickly as possible. One trick that can help to sell your home quicker is by staging it. Looking for tips for correctly staging your home for a quick sell? Read below!
Staging Tips for Selling a Home
- Declutter: The first step to staging your home is to declutter it. Walk through each room and identify items that do not add to the room or make the room look too cluttered. This step is more difficult if you are still living in the house, but kids’ toys, sporting equipment and more should be moved or hidden when showing the home.
- Focus on important rooms first: Unfortunately, we do not have endless time in the day. The smartest way to make the best use of your time is to focus on important rooms in the house first. For example, start with the living room, then move to the kitchen, then the master bedroom. If you have time, try to hit other rooms that need attention.
- Don’t be afraid to remove furniture: While a certain furniture layout may have worked for you and your family, there may be a different way to organize your items that will help to open up the room. Generally, removing furniture from a room will help to make the space look much bigger.
- Repaint if needed: A fresh coat of paint can go a long way to making your home look more put together. If your home is due for a refresh, paint it with a neutral color. While it is impossible to choose a color that every buyer loves, this will appeal to the most people.
- Focus on curb appeal: It’s often said that you’ll never get a second chance at a first impression, and that saying is also true with staging your home for curb appeal. The first thing a potential buyer will see when they pull up to your house is the front of your home. It is very important that the outside of your home looks neat and groomed. Keep the lawn mowed, hedges trimmed and add in potted plants and greenery around the front door. Additionally, if you have time consider power washing the front of the house and all walkways, that is a great way to make your house really sparkle.
- Brighten up your home: In order to make your home look brighter for potential buyers, consider adding new light bulbs to rooms that look dim. Additionally, open up the blinds and dust the light fixtures on the day of the showing.
Stage Your Home with a Storage Unit Rental!
When you still live in the home, staging it can be much more of a challenge. While you may want to remove furniture pieces and declutter all rooms, it’s tough to find storage spaces in your home for all of these items. And any serious potential buyer will want to see all storage areas in the home, which means they will see your hidden items anyway.
A storage unit rental can help with this problem. When you rent a storage unit, you can slowly move items you don’t want in your house when potential buyers are touring into a safe and secure location. This can help your home look more organized and allows you to get a head start on your move.
Brentwood Self Storage has a storage facility in Brentwood, CA. Our storage facility has a variety of sizes of storage units available, including the 5x5, 5x10 and 10x10 storage unit. Reserve your storage unit with Brentwood Self Storage today!