5 Simple Power Tool Storage Ideas
Is your garage running out of room? Your basement overflowing? If you are quickly running out of room for your tools, it’s probably time to start considering another option. Hand and power tools can be costly investments and properly storing and protecting them is vital to extending their lifetime. Plus, proper storage can help you take inventory of everything you have and save you valuable time.
Power Tool Storage Ideas
If you’re into DIY projects, you probably already have the skills, supplies and tools to make yourself some additional storage. When it comes to storing your power tools and hand tools, the important thing is to find a spot where they are protected from the elements, and stored safely away to prevent any accidental injuries.
1. Use Pallets for Storage - Pallets are a low-cost and versatile option for power tool storage. With just a couple adjustments you can use pallets to store drills, scissors, jars of nails, screws, and more.
2. Invest in Pegboard - Consider your work area just like a hardware store. Create a wall of pegboard and add hooks with baskets or shelves to store paints, power tools, tuck away cords and more.
3. Create a Rollaway Workbench - Adding casters with wheels to the base of your workbench can help it to serve dual purposes. You can store tools underneath and roll them away when not in use. When you are ready to work, simply roll the bench to the middle of the room and access all of your hand and power tools tucked neatly underneath.
4. Craft a PVC Tool Caddy - PVC serves so many purposes. Plus, you might already have some extra pieces lying around. Notch out PVC pipes to house cordless power tools and then mount the PVC containers under a shelf.
5. Invest in a Self Storage Unit - If space is a major issue for you, a small self storage unit could be a great option. Not only can you easily house all your unused tools in one spot, but you can also rest assured they will be protected year-round. Moisture, freezing temperatures and extremely hot summers can cause wear and tear on your tools that are stored in a shed, garage or basement. When it comes to DIY projects, you don’t want to be slowed down by an unorganized workspace. By creating a little organization for your power tools, you can be more efficient and find exactly what you need, when you need it. Just think of how much more productive you will be!
Reserve a Household Storage Unit with Brentwood Self Storage
Are you looking for additional storage for your tools? A storage unit rental can help to keep your garage from feeling too cluttered and disorganized. Brentwood Self Storage has popular storage unit sizes including the 5x5, 5x10 and 10x10 storage unit, as well as every size in between. Reserve your storage unit with us today!